Short Survey: Four easy questions in less than a minute
1. Which best describes your current religious belief?
C. Belief in God
D. Something else
2. Which one of the follow best describes a primary reason for thinking the way you do?
A. I see no appearance of design in the natural world or in the human body.
B. I object to moral codes.
C. I accept scientific facts and do not believe in things no one has ever seen.
Would you identify yourself as a believer in:
B. Eastern Religions
C. Jesus Christ
2. Do you believe in something else that is:
A. Intelligent and aware
B. Unintelligent and unaware
2. Considering your eyes, your ears, and your brain, which would appear to be the more logical explanation?
A. Unintended chance combination?
B. Intended function and design
3. Consider your eyes & your brain, your circulatory & respiratory systems, and how all processes work together. Which would you say makes more sense?
A. The personal computer is a much more complex design system
B. The personal computer is a much less complex design system
C. Both systems are equally complex
3. Isaiah 53 describes one dying for the sins of the many. Who do you think this text refers to?
A. The Nation of Israel
B. The Messiah
D. Don't know
3. What is your concept of Right & Wrong?
A. Moral truth is relative & cultural, not absolute. We make our own truth.
B. Right & Wrong exist above and beyond culture.
3. Where do you believe life came from?
A. Non-living matter unintentionally formed life which eventually turned into us
B. Life on earth was seeded by life from some other plane
3. What is your view of reincarnation?
A. It’s a proven fact and it applies to all people in general
B. It's more of a personal philosophy
D. I don't believe in reincarnation
3. Do you belong to a denomination, such as:
A. Roman Catholic
3. Where do you believe this something else came from?
A. It is eternal?
B. It came from something / someone higher?
3. As a Muslim: what primary reason would you present to a non-Muslim for belief in Muhammad?
4. Since the human brain is a much more complex design system than the computer, who/what designed the human brain?
A. Non-living matter
B. A superior Mind
C. Don't know
4. Is artificial intelligence which was designed by man, superior to human intelligence which exists by accident?
C. Don't know
4. If you believe life came from non-life or seeded from another planet, is that:
A. A demonstrated scientific fact
B. Belief in something no one has ever seen
4. If a given society approves of child pornography, pedophilia & extermination of the elderly. Is their behavior:
A. Morally Right, because truth is merely relative and cultural.
B. Morally Wrong, because Right & Wrong exist as truth above and beyond our society.
4. What is your opinion of the 1st century Jew, Yeshua of Nazareth?
A. He was a myth
B. He was a good man
C. He was an evil or deranged man
D. He was the 'servant' described in Isaiah 53 who sacrificed his innocent life for the sins of the people?
4. If your church and the Bible taught opposing doctrine, which should you follow?
A. I should follow my church instead of the Bible
B. I should follow the Bible instead of my church
In Matthew 23:9 Jesus said in a religious sense: “And call no man your father on earth, for you have one Father, who is in heaven.” However, Catholic doctrine teaches: All priests should be referred to as ‘Father’.
4. In Acts 2, Peter showed that the crucified Jesus was in fact the risen Messiah. Recognizing their guilt, religious people who heard Peter asked what must they do. What did Peter tell them to do?
A. Just believe in Jesus
B. Just Pray to Jesus
C. Repent & be baptized in the name of Jesus for the forgiveness of their sins
4. Mormons say Joseph Smith was a true prophet and was given the blessing of miracles by God, but no evidence shows him to be a prophet. However, recorded in the Quran, there was a prophet that healed lepers, made blind people see, and raised the dead? Who was that prophet according to the Quran?
A. Jesus Christ
C. Joseph Smith
4. What is your opinion of Jesus of Nazareth, the crucified 1st century Jew who is ranked as the most significant figure in history by Time Magazine, December, 2013?
A. A myth
B. Just a good man
C. An evil or deranged man
D. The Messiah
Thank you for spending a minute to take this survey. We're very interested in understanding the demographics of the current belief status of people.
If you have any questions, comments or if you think something was left out of the survey and you would like to challenge where the conversation appears to heading, please include what ever information you want below.
This survey is ongoing in real time and results may change over time as more people take the survey. Please provide your email address below if you're interested in the results of how people are responding to these questions. (Thanks to Scott Smelser for creating the original survey)
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.